Navigate Your Ups and Downs: Bipolar Disorder in Los Angeles
A bipolar disorder in Los Angeles crisis can occur at any time. Therefore, it is essential that the patient is diagnosed and receives the proper treatment. One of the possibilities is getting help from Brainpower Wellness Institute, which can have very positive effects if the correct approach is adopted.
What Is the Los Angeles Bipolar Disorder Treatment?
Bipolar disorder can be controlled through medications prescribed by a Bipolar Disorder Psychiatrist Los Angeles CA. Therefore, these medications can be anxiolytics, antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and antipsychotics.
2- Psychotherapy sessions
Psychotherapy is a treatment carried out by psychologists or psychiatrists that helps maintain control of bipolar disorder. In other words, Angeles therapy for Bipolar Disorder sessions contributes to self-knowledge, treatment of possible crises, improvement in relationships with family members, and how to deal with unpleasant situations in everyday life.
How We Treat Bipolar Disorder in Los Angeles at Brainpower Wellness Institute
At Brainpower Wellness Institute – Los Angeles, we only use therapies that are proven to work for the disorders we treat. Depending on the diagnosis and Bipolar Disorder treatment Los Angeles plan, clients may participate in the following evidence-based therapies:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Somatic Therapies
- Seeking Safety
There is no specific method for preventing bipolar disorder. Because its exact cause has not yet been determined, knowing its symptoms and seeking early intervention is especially important. Regular and continuous use of medications prescribed by a medical Bipolar Disorder specialist Los Angeles can help control episodes of mania and depression.
When to Get Treatment for the Patient?
Getting help for with bipolar disorder depends on the severity of their case. According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM 5) and the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10), this disorder is classified into the following types:
- Type I: It is a serious situation in which the symptoms are intense and generate behavioral and behavioral changes. They compromise emotional, family, and social relationships in addition to their career. There is a high risk of suicide and psychiatric complications. Therefore, there may be hospitalization.
- Type II: There is an alternation between episodes of depression and hypomania, which is a milder state of excitement and euphoria. There is little harm to behavior and activities;
- Unspecified: offers symptoms that are not sufficient to define classification as one of the previous types;
- Mixed: This is when the patient goes through the phases of depression and euphoria simultaneously or in the same episode;
- Cyclothymic: it is the mildest condition. Generates mood changes even on the same day. This situation is often understood to be due to an unstable or irresponsible temperament.
Typically, hospitalization is indicated when there is a possibility of suicide or other serious situations. So, it is a rare case. In any case, it is essential to make the correct diagnosis with the help of a psychiatrist and a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
Why Count on Brainpower Wellness Institute?
The objective is to guarantee the rehabilitation of physical and mental health, in addition to promoting the patient’s social reintegration.
Multidisciplinary teams are available to provide humanized treatment for the patient and their family. This way, it is possible to have a higher success rate in the recovery process.
The Los Angeles Bipolar Disorder counseling requires care to avoid harm to the patient and their family. However, hospitalization is not always necessary. Therefore, it is essential to have a good team of professionals when carrying out the diagnosis to know the best course of action.
Now, you can find out more about the treatment of people suffering from bipolar affective disorder. Contact Brainpower Wellness Institute, talk to our professionals, and see how we can help via Telepsychiatry in los Angeles!